Bowling Industry: Thomas breaks state record

Audrie Thomas, a freshman on the Varsity team rolled a 693 series at her last tournament against Kapaun and East.

Going into a tournament can make you very anxious and nervous. With that, it can mess up your performance to play.

“I just relaxed, and I just knew I was going to do good.” Thomas said.

This accomplishment is the result of a lifelong passion for the sport.

“I loved bowling ever since I was a child and I just thought heck, let’s just go do it,” Thomas said.

During Covid season Audrie has played at bowling clubs, played in many tournaments, and has also gone to nationals for years now. Her dedication and hard work paid off with that score of 693 which is the highest series in the state for female bowlers. She said she is immensely proud of her score, and she is happy with all the support as well from her teammates.

Thomas said her favorite part about being on the team is having teammates that feel like family. Her teammates reacted to her scores like she had done something amazing.

“At first, I didn’t think it wasn’t that good, and then I realized when I saw the high school going upside down that I actually did.” Audrie says.

After getting a record-breaking score, Audrie has set for a new goal.

“I want to do better and help my teammates achieve the same goal,” Thomas said.

She said she plans to give the best support for her team and encourage her teammates to do their best. With the teammates’ support she can push forward and strive farther with bowling. Audrie enjoys the relaxation of bowling and being able to have fun with her teammates.

Audrie’s journey to a 693 series is made from all her hard work, determination, and the love for the sport. She has proven that with all her dedication, anything is possible. She continues to compete in more tournaments and improving her skill, we cannot wait to see what other remarkable accomplishments she will achieve this bowling season this year.

Audrie thomas (Samya Slates)
Audrie Thomas competes at a triangular tournament at Bowlero 23rd