Not just for deserters, Pass cards have positive benefits

For the second semester many students find no changes at all and consider it the same day-to-day routine. However, many seniors find pleasure in the gift of pass cards.

Pass cards not only are a rite of passage but empower students with more privileges while also promoting responsibility. As a senior of Northwest, I feel that pass cards have given us an incentive to be at school but also use our free time wisely. But with this newly gained independence it’s easy to fall behind in school because we’d simply not show up due to “Senioritis”. This sort of mental state called “Senioritis” causes several seniors to feel less motivated and therefore unlikely to show up and be present.

On a more positive note, pass cards give me and my fellow seniors more free time to focus on other important aspects of our life whether that may be school related or not. Pass cards have given me the chance to get more work done and enjoy free time away from the repetitive life of school also allowed me to focus on more specialized classes that I want to succeed in. This gives other students to chances to take more college classes related to what they want to study.

Furthermore, pass cards also promote the well-being of students. Every day when I go to school, I have a feeling of achievement and triumph and an overall feeling of general happiness because I don’t have other classes to worry about. Essentially, pass cards help eliminate all the classes we don’t need to take and focus more ones that we find interest in.

While it is easy to understand that some may argue pass cards should have some restrictions, I believe that my perspective reveals that pass cards do more good than harm for students. So the next time you see a senior drop part of their schedule, don’t just assume it’s because they are lazy