Shortage of Days

How to spend the multiple days off in February

Unsurprisingly the month of February is the shortest month of the year, with only 28 days, sometimes 29. This year however, the month has gotten even shorter, with only sixteen days of school since, resulting in two long weekends one after the other, plus the Wednesday when juniors are taking the ACT. With all these off days it’s easy to spend it doing nothing, but here are some ideas on how to take advantage of this time and make the most out of it:

• Prom Shopping- check out stores for th newest styles before they’re gone.
  • Clean your Room- pick up the pile of laundry that’s been haunting you for weeks.
  • Make a Scrapbook- get together with friends to recap the school year with photos.
  • Go to the Gym- try different workout routines and see if anything sticks with you.
  • Do Homework- catch up on those missing assignments and study for upcoming tests.
  • Catch Up on Sleep- there’s no need to be at school before 8:00 am so take that time to sleep in.
  • Start a New TV Show- different streaming platforms drop new shows all the times, give them a try and see if you find a new favorie show.
  • Try a New Restaurant- there’s so many places to eat here in Wichita, find one you’ve never gone to and invite your parents to go with you.
  • Watch Old Movies- revisit the past and watch classics from before your time.
  • Read a Book- hit up Barnes & Noble, get a new book and strengthened your mind while enjoying a new story.

The opportunities of what is available during this free times are endless, these are just a few options to start your search. Take advantage of the free time, because once Sring Break is over, there’s only one four-day weekend standing between you and the last day of school.