Did The Egyptians Really Build The Pyramids?

What They Tell Us:

As students, we are taught in history class that the pyramids in Egypt were built between 2700 B.C and 1500 B.C. The pyramids at Giza are known to be the most popular pyramids; thought to have been built around 2540 B.C. Though they hadn’t yet invented the wheel, apparently 20,000-30,000 laborers constructed the great pyramids at Giza in less than 23 years.

The pyramids at Giza are located on the west side of the Nile River in Cairo, Egypt and the site was said to have been chosen because the Egyptians believed that since the sun set in the west, the darkness symbolized death. They followed an ancient belief that the pharaoh’s soul would join with the sun disc as the sun set. First, the site was flooded and excess bedrock was removed to level the ground. It was then time to extract the massive amount of stone needed to construct such a monument. The inner core of the pyramid was made of local sandstone while the outer layer was made of finer quality sandstone brought in from elsewhere. Exactly how the Egyptians were able to extract and transport so much rock is still unknown.

Experts believe that copper chisels were used to cut sandstone and limestone but other rocks such as dolerite and granite would have required stronger materials. About 60-70 workers are said to have used massive dolerite pounders to pulverize the edges of the stone they were trying to extract. At the bottom of the stone they shoved wooden pegs into slots they had cut and filled the slots with water so that the pegs would expand and the stone would break away.

Because most of the stone resources were too far away to drag so many tons of granite, they used boats to carry them closer to the construction site. Each block on the pyramid weighed 2.5 tons on average with some stones weighing as much as 80 tons, and that is after stone masons sculpted it to the right size and shape. The pyramid consists of over 2.3 million stones.  There are two theories on how the stone was transported on land; one is that large logs were placed under the stone and workers pulled on ropes attached to it while a few men replaced the logs and a few pushed from behind. Another theory is that the team of men attached ropes to the stone and pulled it across a slipway lubricated by oil as one man continued to lubricate the slipway in front of the rock.

After the stone was cut and brought to the site of the pyramid, they had to place it. Since the pyramid is 487 feet high, the question arises how the Egyptians would place such heavy stones so perfectly, especially at such a great height.  Scientists believe they used ramps made of mud brick because if they were made of stone, there would be more stone needed to construct the ramps then would have been needed to construct the pyramid itself. So ramps made of mud brick were used and coated with chips of plaster to harden the surface.  As the pyramid grew, so did the ramps, growing both taller and wider around the pyramid.

The Inconsistencies and Interesting Coincidences:

All of this information makes sense on the surface, but it’s when we begin to dig a little deeper that we start to question what history and modern science tells us to be true. For starters, as you can see in the pictures below, the pyramids at Giza correspond perfectly with the three stars that form Orion’s Belt. How is it that the ancient Egyptians were able to seemingly copy the exact size and position of these stars when telescopes were not even invented until a thousand years later?

Also, if the Egyptians were to use logs to move the giant stones, where did all the trees come from? Egypt has very few trees except date trees, which they would not want to cut down half a million of because dates were also one of their main sources of food.

Another startling piece of knowledge is that even though the ancient Egyptians were known for documenting almost everything, the tallest, greatest of the pyramids, The Great Pyramid is never mentioned. The pyramid was referred to a few times in very early Hieroglyphics where Egyptian writing suggests the Great Pyramid was standing before Egyptians populated the land.

If you take the perimeter of the Great Pyramid and divide it by two times the height, you get a number that is exactly equivalent to the number pi (3.14159…) up to the fifteenth digit. The number pi wasn’t even calculated to the fourth digit until the 6th century.

Strangely, though the sides of the base of the pyramid are some 757 feet long, it still forms an almost perfect square.  Every angle in the base is exactly 90 degrees and the pyramid is also less than a third of a degree off from facing the exact magnetic polar North while compasses were not yet invented. It’s interesting just how precise the pyramid is when you take into consideration that even the slightest difference could have thrown the whole pyramid off like the leaning Tower of Pisa, constructed in 1178. With technology over four thousand years more advanced than the ancient Egyptians, even the Italians’ measurements were off by three meters, causing the tower to lean at a 5.5 degree angle.

If you take the lines of longitude and latitude the pyramid lies on, thirty one degrees north by thirty one degrees west, they are the two lines that cover the most combined land area in the world. In essence, the pyramid is the center of all of the land mass of the whole earth.

Finally, the height of the pyramid is 481, which is almost exactly 1/1,000,000,000 of the distance from the earth to the sun (480.6 billion feet).

The Theory:

Ancient aliens built the sphinx and the pyramids at Giza around 10,500 B.C. Why would anyone believe such a load of crap? Though there is no solid proof, there are far too many inconsistencies for myself and many others to believe that the ancient Egyptians, with no compasses, with no telescopes, with no machinery, and with no historical records of ever building the some of the most famous pyramids, could have possible been the ones to build one of the Seven Wonders of the World. So who did?

Because there are signs of water erosion on the sphinx and there has been no water in the area aside from the Nile since around 10,000 B.C., the Sphinx had to have been built before then and not around 3,000 B.C. as believed. The constellation of Leo the Lion was rising directly behind the sun in 10,500 B.C and Orion’s belt was a sign of Osiris, the sun god. Also, around 3,000 B.C., the stars on the Belt of Orion were not yet aligned exactly with the pyramids. The last time the stars were aligned exactly with the pyramids was…guess when? 10,500 B.C.

So, in 10,500 B.C., extra terrestrial beings from outer space created the Pyramids to correspond to Orion’s Belt and a giant statue of a lion to correspond to the age of Leo, the age in which the Earth was when they visited: An age before the first civilized human beings.

Why isn’t the head of the sphinx still a lion you ask? Thousands of years after the aliens built it, Ramses, the egomaniacal dictator-pharaoh of Egypt, decided that he didn’t like having the head of a lion on top of a statue in his land.  So, he had a head in his own likeness constructed instead.  But the Egyptians, not being very skilled at huge masonry, built the head somewhat too small and even chipped off a part of its nose. The Egyptians also saw the pyramids and tried to create structures like them but could not achieve their greatness. All later pyramids are either no longer standing or in much poorer shape than the pyramids at Giza, such as the step pyramid at Saqqara which has been reduced to rubble over the years.

So was it the ancient Egyptians who built the pyramids with a massive amount of manpower and an uncanny knowledge of stars and the planet? Or was it in fact aliens? The world may never know.

Sources:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/12/061209122918.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080328104302.htm

http://www.outerworlds.com/likeness/aliens/aliens.html

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_2297.shtml

http://www.kingtutone.com/pyramids/building/

http://www.mapsofworld.com/travel-destinations/leaning-tower-of-pisa.html

View Comments (1)